Spoon Carving Course - Oct
- Spoon Carving Course - Oct
Come along and spend the day with us in our semi ancient woodland near Warminster and learn how to create a spoon from green wood.
During your time spent with us you will learn how to:
· Select the wood for your spoon blank
· Use safe sawing techniques
· Mark out the spoon shape on the blank
· Use stop cuts
· Axe out a spoon blank
· Use safe and efficient knife techniques
· Hollow out the bowl
· Apply finishes - painting or oiling
· Sharpen and care for tools
We will guide you through the whole process of turning a small log into a spoon.
This is a beginner’s course in spoon carving and no previous experience is necessary
Light refreshments provided throughout the day, which will include the usual tea, coffee and biscuits.
For more information or to book a place please contact us through the link below.
Course Fee £75 pounds per person